Deletes source folder, doesn't resolve

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:38 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Hello I want to use this to share my save games across multiple computers but I cannot get it to work. I am probably doing something wrong but couldn't find any instructions.

I open dropboxifier and give a name e.g. gta4 save game and then select the folder I want to sync

I click Dropboxify and the source folder is deleated and the new link is red with an "!"

I click this and press resolve. I try recreating the folder and selecting it and press merge - the new folder is also deleated and the link stays red.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I already lost my gta4 save game with 50 odd hours on it (I know I didn't back up) but would like this to work

Thanks,

Chris

EDIT - just noticed in the common problems section that I should run in admin mode if symbolic link isnt being created. Which it looks like this must be the case. Will try this when my new pc finished installing windows updates

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2011 at 5:34 AM

You shouldn't have lost your data - check your target Dropbox folder, as it should've only been moved. It will only be deleted if you select the delete and replace resolve option.

With regards to the symbolic link not being created, as you said, make sure you're running in admin mode.

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Also regarding your lost save file - if you successfully uploaded it to Dropbox, it can be recovered from your Dropbox home, as Dropbox maintains file history for 30 days. Go to the Dropbox website (right-click the icon in the taskbar), click "show deleted files" and navigate to where you put the folder, you should be able to recover it.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM
dpgagnon wrote:

Also regarding your lost save file - if you successfully uploaded it to Dropbox, it can be recovered from your Dropbox home, as Dropbox maintains file history for 30 days. Go to the Dropbox website (right-click the icon in the taskbar), click "show deleted files" and navigate to where you put the folder, you should be able to recover it.

Thanks so much for this I didn't think to check if dropbox kept backups. Finally got my saves back so very happy. Also this app is very useful and much nicer than having to setup symbolic links manually so thanks very much for developing it.